Search Contextures Sites
Excel Weekly News from Contextures Apr 2, 2012Name cells, create a data entry form, avoid sharks, and other Excel tips, in this week's Excel news from Contextures.- Debra email@example.com
Name a Range of Cells in ExcelIf you name a range of cell in Excel, you can use that name in formulas, or when navigating through your workbook.
Learn more about naming ranges on the Contextures website: Name a Range
Or watch this Name a Range video.
Create an Excel UserForm for data entryInstead of entering data on an Excel worksheet, you can set up an Excel UserForm.
It takes a bit of programming, and you can watch the step by step videos, or follow the written instructions, on the Contextures Blog: Create an Excel UserForm
Excel VLOOKUP WeekCan the VLOOKUP function help you avoid a shark attack? Maybe! Last week was VLOOKUP week, and my contribution was a post about sharks.
You can use VLOOKUP to see which states have the greatest number of shark attacks, and plan your vacations to avoid those dangerous waters.
Read more about VLOOKUP week on the Microsoft Excel team's blog
VBA Conditional Formatting of Charts by Value and LabelOn his PeltierTech blog last week, Jon Peltier showed us how to use Excel VBA to add conditional formatting to an Excel chart.
Data NormalizerWhen you have data that is arranged horizontally, such as column heading for the months, you might want to change it to vertical layout. That normalizes the data, so you can create a pivot table from the results.
You can use this pivot table trick to normalize the data.
Or, you can try the macro that Doug Glancy posted this week, to normalize your data:
Excel HumourOnce again, I read the Excel tweets, so you don't have to! Here are a few favourites from this week. You can read the rest of the tweet collection here.
- Leaving work at 10.30pm after staring at excel spreadsheets for 12 and a half hours... And people think working in tv is glamorous!
- Whenever i touch an excel sheet, it soon turns into a chaotic mess of charts, graphs and multiple worksheets. I need some discipline
- Dear #Microsoft: I'm glad you receive a notification every time my Excel Spreadsheet crashes. You seem to be doing nothing about it.
Save time with our "Done For You" Excel products.
- Pivot Power Premium Add-in - Time-saving tools for pivot table users
- Data Entry Popup Kit - Quick and easy data entry with a popup list
- Data Entry Search Popup - Enhanced data entry popup, with Search box
- Excel Tools Add-in - Make instant backups, sheet list with links, much more
- More Excel products from Contextures
Contextures Inc., Copyright ©2019
All rights reserved.